Saturday, May 31, 2008

Running Around 6-1-08

I'll keep it short this week. We're currently in rest mode following the Spring training cycle. I'll recommend either some time off or a road run. If you feel like hitting the track, pick an appropriate workout from below.

Thanks to the 8 people who replied to the survey from last week. That's about 4% of the 188 people that are on the email list.

Another question for the regulars. How many would be in favor of moving the start time a little later during the hot summer months? Please let me know which you prefer ... 5:30 (no change), 6:00, 6:15, 6:30. Also, if changing the time would not allow you to make it to the track, let me know that too.

I've started my rest (10 days), and I've got a work commitment, so I won't be at the track this week.


Now for the workout summary:

1a. If you're still racing, sets of (400m, 400m, 800m) @5k pace with 400m jog between each. Run 5-7% of weekly mileage for the hard running.

1b. (Maintenance mode or low intensity) 3-5 x1600m @T pace with 1 min rest. 10% of your weekly mileage.

2. Striders TWO times this week. 4-6 x 100m


Use a recent race to get your training paces here:
http://www.panix.com/%7Eelflord/vdot.html
-or-
http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/rp.php

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger TP said...

I'd be a fan of a 6pm start. But I don't know how consistent I'll be this summer regardless of time.
TP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home