Sunday, May 11, 2008

Running Around 5-11-08

Back to the track this week to sharpen up. If you're peaking for Expo, you might consider cutting your mileage a little the next 2 weeks. Let's do 400s again this week. Remember keep them fast and smooth. Good form and fast turnover are the key elements to this workout.

Anne asked me to mention that since Herb has been out globe trotting for the past 2 weeks, she wants to meet at Barley's in the Old City for drinks and pizza after the workout to celebrate "Herb's Homecoming".

Enjoy the workout and the food. I will not be in attendance since I'll be celebrating my birthday with my family.

Now for the workout summary ... 12 more training days until Expo 10k & 5k:

1. 5-20 x 400m @R pace with400m jog recovery. Hard running is 5% of weekly mileage.

2. Striders TWO times this week. 4-6 x 100m

3. Optional second workout: 4-8 x800m @I pace w/400m jog recovery


Use a recent race to get your training paces here:
http://www.panix.com/%7Eelflord/vdot.html
-or-
http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/rp.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home