Monday, June 25, 2007

Running Around 6-25-07

We'll continue with our base training this week. So that means either a road run or a low-impact maintenance workout on the track. I strongly recommend the road run. Try to go slightly longer this week. 6-10 miles is a good number for a mid-week run. Striders when you return to the track is also recommended.

For the trackies this week, I'm going to throw something new at you. If you do run it, let me know how it goes. Let's try a 2-mile acceleration run on the track. Each lap should be faster than the previous lap by 3 seconds. Your final lap should be at I-pace minus 2 seconds. To get your starting pace, add 19 seconds to your I-pace number. So, your laps might look something like this: 100, 97, 94, 91, 88, 85, 82, 79. This is tough mentally, so focus on the proper pace. That means taking it slow enough at the beginning. This should be a new stimulus to give you a break from the T-pace stuff.

If you want specific advice for a Summer base training, talk to me, and we'll figure out a good plan for you.

Now for the workouts ...

1a. Road run 6-10 miles.

1b. 2-mile acceleration run starting at I-pace + 19 seconds.

2. Striders. 4-6x100m twice this week.

Get your paces here: http://www.panix.com/%7Eelflord/vdot.html -or- http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/rp.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home