Sunday, May 27, 2007

Running Around 5-27-07

This is the time of year when we usually cut back on the intensity and give our bodies a chance to recover from a hard stretch of training and racing. This week in particular, I'll recommend an easy road run for those who raced Expo.

If you've been training hard since December or January, now would be a good time to take a break. A week off is not a bad idea. I'll wait one more week before I take my break, but do what works best for you. Rest is an important part of the periodized training that we do. I'll discussed periodized training in a little more detail over the coming weeks.

I understand that not everyone is on the same schedule or has the same goals, so I'm including a maintenance workout of T-pace mile repeats. This is a great workout any time of year, and we haven't been doing much T-pace lately.

Now for the workouts ...

1. Road run 6-10 miles.

2. 3-5 x 1600m @T pace w/1 min rest.

3. Striders. 4-6x100m twice this week.

Get your paces here: http://www.panix.com/%7Eelflord/vdot.html -or- http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/rp.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home