Thursday, April 20, 2006

Running Around 4-25-06

Sorry this is so late. I'm on the road, and I've had some trouble getting internet access ...

Let the racing begin! This week we move to the most rewarding phase of training - sharpening and taper. We've been working hard since January, and now it starts to pay off. I expect nearly everyone will be running Dogwood this coming weekend, so this week's workout won't be too strenuous.

At this point in the cycle, you should be cutting your mileage a little.

Now for the workouts ... Week #16 in the training cycle and 5 weeks to Expo:

1. 2x1600m @ T pace w/1 min rest +
2x800m @I pace w/2 min jog (keep these at I pace - no faster) +
3x400m @R pace w/400m jog

2. Striders TWO times this week. 6-8 x 100m

3. Race Dogwood 5k.

Get your paces here ... http://www.panix.com/~elflord/vdot.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home