Monday, November 28, 2011

Running Around 11.28.11

I hope everyone had a good race on Thanksgiving whether it was Autumnfest or somewhere else. With that, we'll mark the end of the Fall training cycle. I recommend taking some time off to let your legs and brain recover from training. Recently, I've found it harder to maintain the focus and motivation over the course of the training cycle. I feel like I need to rest my mind more than my legs, I guess. In any case, do whatever type of recovery works for you: complete rest, cross training, etc.

There are still some races left on the schedule, so if you are not racing this week or next, then pick your favorite workout from the past month and do that one. You can see all of the past workouts at http://trackworkouts.blogspot.com/ If you want to coordinate with someone else to run this week, then post a message on the Facebook group page (link at the bottom of this message). I actually took last week off, so I'm starting back with some easy running this week, but I'm only running a few miles, so I will not be at the track.

If you despise road runs and need a track fix, here is the official off-season base training plan. I know it says summer on the title, but it's easier to link to it that create another one for winter: http://trackworkouts.blogspot.com/2008/06/summer-track-workout-progression.html I still prefer road runs for the base period, but this is the next best thing.

Workout Summary

A. Time off, recovery, cross-training.

B. [Alternate if racing] Choose your favorite workout from the past month. See http://trackworkouts.blogspot.com/




Plug in a recent race result to get your training paces here ...



  Join the Tuesday Track Workouts at Tom Black Track group on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home