Monday, November 05, 2007

Running Around 11-5-07

If you're legs are feeling a little heavy from racing on Sunday, I'll suggest an easy run on Tuesday (maybe 8 miles or so) and moving the workout to Wednesday instead. But if you're like me, and you're not going to get your workout in unless it's on Tuesday, then be smart about pushing yourself and take a couple of extra easy days following this one. In either case, plenty of time to recover for Buddy's 5k on Sunday if you're planning on running.

I'm keeping the volume at 8% for this I-pace workout and going with the assumption that if you're trying to peak at Autumnfest, your mileage will be coming down and therefore the number of repeats will be down by one or two. Ask me if you're wondering about your specific workout.

Now for the workouts ... 16 training days until Autumnfest 8k:

1.
4-8 x 800m@I pace w/200m jog. Limit rest to equal time or 3 minutes - whichever is less. Volume should be 8% of weekly mileage.

2. Striders. 4-6x100m twice this week.

Get your paces here: http://www.panix.com/%7Eelflord/vdot.html -or- http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/rp.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home