Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Running Around 12•30•14

Running Around 12•30•14

Week 5 • Winter Training 2014-15

I hope everyone has had a great 2014 and that 2015 brings even better fitness and faster running!

We'll continue with our Winter base training period through at least the end of the month. That means easy running on the roads or greenways.

If you just love running in circles, here is the official off-season training plan. Good for both Winter and Summer despite the name of the article.
http://trackworkouts.blogspot.com/2008/06/summer-track-workout-progression.html

This is a time of year when some of us are taking time off or busy with holiday plans, etc. So the Facebook group page is a good resource to check in with each other to see who is going to be at the track or if anyone is doing a particular workout.

And in case you missed last week's email ....

As you all know, I've been the leader/coach/director of the KTC track workouts for the past nine years. Recently, I've not able to give it the attention & energy it deserves. With challenging family and work schedules along with my recent inconsistent training, I'm not able to commit to being at the track on a regular basis. So after giving it a lot of thought, I've decided to resign. Interest & participation have been dwindling, so maybe someone else can inject some new energy and ideas. I will stay on until the end of January. By that time, the KTC board will have a transition plan in place.

I will still be at the track on Tuesdays whenever possible. I've made a lot of great friends over the years on Tuesday nights, so I want that to continue. It will just be in a different capacity. I would still love to be a resource for talking about training plans, races, workouts, etc. So if you see me, feel free to ask me about whatever is on your mind.

WORKOUT SUMMARY

1. Road run
 
 

 


DETAILS

Low key, relaxed running.
 
 

 
 
 

USE THESE LINKS TO FIND YOUR R, I, & T TRAINING PACES

http://www.panix.com/~elflord/vdot.html
http://www.attackpoint.org/trainingpaces.jsp
http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/racepaces/rp

Follow me on Strava

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home